Martindale VIPD138-S Safety Voltage Indicator and Proving Device
- Contains the VI13800 voltage indicator and the PD440 proving device.
- Fuse replaced by a high wattage resistor in the probe that will limit the current in the event of damage to the cable.
- Safely checks for AC and DC voltages from 50V to 600V.
- Very reliable and safe instrument.
Martindale VIPD138-S Safety Voltage Indicator & Proving Device
The Martindale VIPD138 kit includes the VI13800 voltage indicator and matching PD440S proving unit. Kits are supplied in the TC71 combination carry cases to ensure that proving devices are always at hand and provide the simplest solution for implementing safe isolation practices on-site in accordance the Electricity at Work Regulations. For convenience and to save time, the proving unit can be used without having to remove it from the case.
The VI13800 provides instant visual AC and DC voltage indication in four stages from 50V to 400V. The bright long life LED indicators give clear and immediate display of the voltage level range. It has retractable probes, heavy duty finger guards and a two layer double insulated cable with a white inner core to give clear indication of damage that might compromise the user’s safety.
The latest design complies with the new standard relating to 2 pole voltage indicator, BS EN61243-3 and the requirements of GS38 Edition 4 2015. The latest version of BS EN61243-3:2010 came fully in to force in May 2013 and all voltage indicators on the British & European market should comply. The VI13800 replaces the industry standard VI13700.
The Martindale PD440S is a 440V AC proving device designed to enable voltage indicators to be fully checked in compliance with Health & Safety recommendations. Using a voltage indicator without first proving it is working correctly could prove fatal.
The PD440S is compatible with the new Martindale VI13800 & the Martindale VI13700.
It can also be used to check Drummond and other filament test lamps as well as standard multimeters and other manufacturers two pole voltage indicators.
Martindale VI13800 Voltage Indicator Specifications:
- Nominal Voltage Range: 50 - 600V AC / DC
- Nominal Voltage Threshold Indications: 50, 100, 200, 400 V DC/AC rms
- Nominal Voltage threshold tolerance: Conforms to BS EN 61243-3
- Polarity indication: from approx 12V DC/AC rms
- AC/DC voltage detection: automatic
- Range detection: automatic
- Response time: < 0.1s
- Frequency range: DC, 1 - 400 Hz
- Test current: < 3.5mA at 600V DC/AC rms
- Duty ratio: 30s ON (operated) / 240s OFF (recovery)
- Power: from circuit under test
- Dimensions: 205(L) x 67(W) x 27(D) mm
- Weight: 130g approx.
- Conforms to BS EN 61243-3 CAT IV 600 V
- Class II, Double Insulation
- EMC: Conforms to BS EN 61326-1
Martindale PD440 Proving Unit Specifications:
- Output Voltage: 440V nominal
- Battery: 6 x LR6 / MN1500 1.5V alkaline batteries or equivalent
- Dimensions: 143 x 84 x 50mm
- Weight: 400g approx including battery
- Martindale VIPD138
- Martindale PD440