Drummond MTL20PD-S Test Lamp and Proving Unit
A handy kit that includes the Drummond MTL20 Test Lamp and PD440 Proving Unit.
The MTL20S gives safe indication of voltage between 50V and 500V AC/DC. The robust design meets the recommendations of the Health and Safety Executive in their guidance notes on the electrician’s test lamp (GS38) as well as complying with BS EN 61243-3 and BS EN 61010. Both the lamp housing and the probe have a finger shield and insulated probe tip with only 4mm of exposed metal. A two-layer double-insulated cable with white inner insulation gives a clear warning of abrasion that might compromise the user’s safety and is resistant to, heat and oil. To enable use in most circumstances a right-angled probe tip is supplied in addition to the two straight tips. For maximum ease of use, the right-angled probes can be rotated through 90, 180 and 270 degrees. Four distinct bands of illumination, with a 360 viewing angle, provide an indication of voltages above 50, 100, 200 and 400 volts even in bright sunlight. This allows accurate identification of potentially lethal voltages at 50V and enables the user to distinguish between 110V, 230V and phase-to-phase voltages in a 3-phase system.
Further from the MTL10, the MTL20 incorporates two test buttons, one on the body of the unit and one on the probe. The simultaneous depression of both switches allows the unit to draw a high current, allowing the user to differentiate between potentially hazardous phantom voltages and hazardous persistent voltages.
- Maximum working voltage: 500VAC, 750DC
- Voltage ranges: 50, 100, 200, 400V AC/DC
- Range detection: automatic
- Response Time: <0.1s
- Frequency Range: DC, 0-65Hz
- Test Current: @500V AC 750V DC
- MTL10 and MTL20 (switches not operated) <3.5mA
- MTL20 with switches depressed 28mA @ 240VAC, 60mA @ 500VAC
- Temperature Range: -10ºC to +55ºC
- Height above sea level: up to 2000m
- Measurement Cat.: CATIV 600V CATIII 1000V
- Pollution Degree: 2
- Protection Degree: IP64
- Compliance: EN 61243-3
Martindale PD440 Proving Unit
The Martindale PD440 is a 440V AC proving device, designed to enable voltage indicators to be fully checked, in compliance with Health & Safety recommendations. The PD440 is compatible with the Martindale VI13700G & the new Martindale VI13800. The PD440 can also be used to check Drummond and other filament test lamps as well as standard multimeters and other manufacturers’ two pole voltage indicators. Using a voltage indicator without first proving it is working correctly could prove fatal.
- Output Voltage: 440V nominal
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +40°C at max 70% RH
- Battery: 6 x LR6 / MN1500 1.5V alkaline batteries or equivalent
- Dimensions: 143 x 84 x 50mm
- Weight: 400g approx including battery
- Drummond MTL20 Test Lamp
- PD440 Proving Unit
- Carry Case