Radiodetection CAT4+ Cable Avoidance Tool with Depth Estimation (EN11 / EN31)
- 4 operating modes
- Overload protection feature
- Bargraph tide mark for fast pin pointing
- Find buried utilities faster
RadioDetection CAT4+ Cable Avoidance Tool with Depth Estimation (EN11 / EN31)
The RadioDetection CAT4+ is designed to safely locate buried utilities, as well as telecoms, street lighting and CAT V cable.
The CAT4+ retains all the features of the CAT4, plus depth estimation. Depth can be estimated from either the Genny signal or Sonde. Simply press the button under the screen to display the estimated depth.
Simply to use
The unit is designed to be used with just one hand for ease of use. The on / off trigger, mode selection and sensitivity dial are all within easy reach of each other. The loud speaker is removable for use in noisy environments if required. An automatic back light provides visibility in all conditions.
RadioDection CAT4+ operating modes
- Avoidance mode: Simultaneously search for and pinpoint Genny, Power and Radio signals for rapid surveying.
- Genny mode: Detects the signals transmitted by Genny4 (available separately)
- Power mode: Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Radio mode: Detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
Using the CAT4+ with Genny4
Using the CAT4+ in conjunction with the Genny4 (sold desperately) makes locating smaller cables, such a telecoms, easier. The Genny 4 emits dual frequencies; 33kHz for general utilities and a Small Diameter Locate frequency for smaller cables. Watch the video below to see how a CAT and Genny can be used to locate street light cabling…
Dynamic Overload Protection (DOP)
What is DOP and why is it useful?
For locating cables in areas prone to high electrical interference, such as near sub stations and under power cables, the CAT4+ uses DOP to filter out unwanted noise. This allows the user to successfully locate the cable they require almost anywhere.
|Avoidance mode (A)||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Genny signal locate (G)||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Power signal locate (P)||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Radio signal locate (R)||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Small Diameter Locate Frequency||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Dynamic Overload Protection||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Service due indicator||•||•||•||•|
|Bluetooth Low Energy||•||•|
|GPS / GNSS||•||•|
- RadioDetection CAT4+ Cable Avoidance Tool