Testo 440 - Air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument
- Intuitive: clearly structured measurement menus for volume flow, degree of turbulence, cooling/heating output, mould detection and long-term measurement, such as CO₂
- Wireless: Bluetooth® probes for extra convenience when measuring and less cable clutter in the measuring case (please order probes separately)
- Clear overview: large graphic display with parallel display of 3 readings
- Safe and reliable: internal data storage and USB port for data export
Use the testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument in combination with high-quality probes to measure and store all air velocity and IAQ parameters (please order probes separately). Up to 3 probes can be connected simultaneously: a Bluetooth probe, a wired probe and a temperature probe with type K thermocouple connector. Automatic probe detection and clearly structured measurement menus guarantee simple operation and will make your day-to-day work easier.
Measure in just a few clicks with the testo 440 multifunction measuring instrument
Carry out your measurements quickly and easily: the air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument automatically detects each connected probe. This means that there is no need for you to manually reset the parameters when changing probes. Clearly structured measurement menus for measuring the volume flow in ducts/at outlets, funnel measurement, measuring the degree of turbulence, determining the cooling/heating output, mould detection and long-term measurement provide you with optimum support during your day-to-day work.
Wireless and space-saving: more applications, less equipment
Endlessly versatile: a universal handle can be connected to all probe heads – so you can master more applications using less equipment and save space.
The Bluetooth handle makes it more convenient to carry out your measurement and guarantees less cable clutter in the case. It makes it possible to carry out measurements without any bothersome cable connection and it transfers readings up to a distance of 20 m. Or as a practical alternative, use the cable handle to connect testo probe heads. This is an advantage if Bluetooth signals are not permitted.
Practical measurement data management
The multifunction measuring instrument stores up to a max. 7500 measurement protocols, which can be read via a USB port and further processed as a CSV file on your computer (e.g. with Excel). With the testo BLUETOOTH/IRDA printer (please order separately), you have the option of producing a report printout of the measurement data directly on site.
Intelligent calibration concept for maximum precision
You can rely on accurate measurement results when using our digital probes, because the measuring instrument makes measurement uncertainty a thing of the past. You only need to send the probes in for calibration. The multifunction measuring instrument can therefore remain in continuous use.
Advantages of measuring with the testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument
Precise and reliable in ducts and at air outlets
- Large range of connectable probes: hot wire and vane probe (Ø 16 mm) for measurements in ducts; large vane probes of Ø 100 mm for measurements at air/ceiling outlets
- Calculate volume flow quickly: in the measurement menu, simply configure the dimensions and geometry of the duct cross-section and see the volume flow displayed on the measuring instrument straight away
- You will even find it easy to carry out measurements in particularly large ducts. This is because the extendable telescope on the hot wire and vane probe (Ø 16 mm) with universal handle can be further extended using the telescope extension – enabling you to attain a total length of 2 metres
- Carry out measurements at air/ceiling outlets effortlessly and without using a ladder. Fit the vane probe (Ø 100 mm) with the extendable telescope with 90° angle and, if necessary, with the telescope extension (both can be ordered separately)
- Use the vane probes in conjunction with the testovent measurement funnels and flow straighteners to test incoming / outgoing air at plate outlets, ventilation grilles and swirl outlets
- Practical Bluetooth interface: use the air velocity probes to measure without having to deal with any bothersome cables, operate the measuring instrument by pressing the button on the handle of the probe, e.g. start or stop a timed mean calculation
- Use the practical magnets to securely attach the multifunction measuring instrument to metal surfaces (e.g. ventilation ducts)
Long-term monitoring of indoor air quality
- The right probe for your requirements: probes for CO2, CO, air temperature and humidity are available as variants with Bluetooth or with fixed cable
- Easy to use: enter the measurement period and interval in the menu for long-term measurement and track it over the course of the day
- Internal memory for up to 7500 measurement protocols
Turbulence measurement in accordance with EN ISO 7730 / ASHRAE 55
- Attain a high level of accuracy, even at low air velocities, with a turbulence probe
- Automatic calculation of draught risk and degree of turbulence in accordance with EN ISO 7730/ASHRAE 55
- For convenient measurements at varying heights, we recommend using our measuring tripod for comfort level measurement. This makes it very easy to position turbulence probes in compliance with the standards
Range of probes for cleanrooms and laboratories
- Fume cupboard probe for high-precision air velocity measurement on fume cupboards
- Thanks to the low start-up speed of 0.1 m/s, the high-precision vane probe (Ø 100 mm) is ideal for laminar flow measurements in cleanrooms. Available as a variant with Bluetooth or with fixed cable
- High-precision temperature/humidity probe (0636 9771 or 0636 9772) with an accuracy of ±(0.6% RH + 0.7 % of m.v.) in the range 0 to 90% RH for measuring the humidity in cleanrooms
testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument, 3 x AA batteries, USB cable and calibration protocol.
|Temperature - NTC|
|Measuring Range||-40 to +150 °C|
±0.4 °C (-40 to -25.1 °C)
|Temperature - TC Type K (NiCr-Ni)|
|Measuring Range||-200 to +1370 °C|
|Accuracy||±(0.3 °C + 0.3 % of mv)|
|General technical data|
|Dimensions||154 x 65 x 32 mm|
|Operating temperature||-20 to +50 °C|
|Connectable probes||1 x digital probe with cable or 1 x Temperature NTC TUC, 1 x digital Bluetooth probe or testo Smart Probe, 1 x Temperature TC Type K|
|Battery type||3 AA mignon 1.5 V|
|Battery life||12 h (typically vane measurement)|
|Data transfer||Bluetooth®; USB interface|
|Storage temperature||-20 to +50 °C|