Kane TCAM Thermal Imaging Camera
The Kane TCAM thermal camera is designed to offer fast, accurate measurements at an affordable price. It incorporates a pistol grip point and shoot approach to thermography, with simple fixed focusing and 220 x 160 infra-red image resolution. This means the Kane TCAM can identify over 35,000 individual temperature reference points, and temperature differences as small as 0.07°C.
A 3GB memory card is included and can store up to 20,000 images, which can be downloaded to a PC, if required, for record keeping and reporting. Furthermore, the Kane TCAM has a built in rechargeable battery which gives 2 – 3 hours use under normal operation.
Applications for the Kane TCAM
Plumbing and HVAC
- Visual evidence for before and after power flushing
- Confirm heating system cold spots
- Spot otherwise invisible water leaks in central heating systems or water tanks
- Check operation and effectiveness of air-conditioning units
- Identify faults in underfloor heating
- Identify cold spots / thermal bridges
- Demonstrate poor insulation around doors and windows
- Energy auditing
- Troubleshooting heated seats and windows
- Locate overheating wiring or components
- Identify high resistance in wiring looms
- Check effectiveness of exhaust and catalytic convertor
- Spot issues with vehicle brakes overheating
What more can the Kane TCAM offer?
The TCAM’s 2.8 inch screen provides plenty of detail, displaying the thermal image along with, min, max and centre spot temperatures, plus emissivity setting, battery power and time. There are also 5 colour palettes to choose from for additional contrast between high and low temperatures.
Emissivity and surface modes
The camera includes a manually adjustable emissivity setting from 0.01 to 1.00. It also features 4 pre-set surfaces modes, these being coarse, semi-matte, semi shiny and shiny surface.
Kane TCAM thermal camera key features
- 220 x 160 (35,200 pixels) infra-red thermal resolution
- Storage for up to 20,000 thermal images
- Accurately locate temperature hotspots
- -20℃ to 300℃ temperature measurement range
- Pistol grip with fixed focus
- Built in rechargeable battery
- 2 – 3 hour battery life with continuous use
- 8 inch colour screen
- 5 colour palettes including rainbow, cold colour and white heat
- Pre-set surface modes for convenience
- Adjustable emissivity from 0.01 to 1
- Measurement accuracy of ±2℃/±2%
- Detect temperature differences as small as 0.07°C
- Minimum focus distance of 15cm
- 9Hz frame rate of thermal images
- Ideal for heating, ventilation and refrigeration engineers
- Ideal for automotive and maintenance technicians
Overall the Kane TCAM is a feature packed, great value thermal camera, ideal for those who are new to thermography and want to take advantage of its benefits in their everyday work.
- Kane TCAM thermal camera
- Rechargeable battery
- Carry case