Fluke T6-600 Electrical Tester with FieldSense Technology
The NEW Fluke T6-600 Electrical Tester is ideal for commercial electricians and light industrial electricians.
Fluke lets you test where it used to be impossible. Crowded junction boxes. Conductors with inaccessible end points. All without test leads! No exposed conductors. No metallic contact. Just reliable voltage and current measurements. Plus, huge time savings and less chance for something to go wrong.
Be Safer: Measure voltage to 1000V ac through the open fork, without test leads.
Be Faster: No need to open safety covers or remove wire nuts.
Be More Efficient: Simultaneously measure voltage and current.
Be Everywhere: Widest open fork in the industry, measure 120 mm² wires up to 200 A.
The new Fluke T6-600 Electrical Testers with FieldSense technology let you measure voltage the same way you measure current, without test lead contact to live voltage. Just slide the open jaw over a conductor and see the voltage level. Much more than just a voltage detector, these new testers give you a reliable voltage and current measurement, without test leads, and without contacting a bare, metal conductor*
*Requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications. Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations.
- Basic troubleshooting
- Verification of voltage and continuity values
- Rapidly checking voltage and current measurements without test leads
- Verification of individual circuits
- The front-line, go-to tool that fits in a pocket
- FieldSense technology for AC voltage and current measurement without making electrical contact
- True RMS (TRMS)
- 600 V ac
- 200 A ac
- Resistance to 1000 Ω
- Works with 4/0 wire (17.8 mm jaw opening)
- Easy to read display with backlight
- Withstands a 10 foot (3 m) drop
- Detachable SlimReach probe tips are customized for national electrical standards
- Test leads accept Fluke accessory test clips
- TPAK Compatible
- FieldSense technology for ac voltage, current and frequency measurement without making electrical contact to live voltage+
- 600 V ac or dc
- 0.1 to 200 A ac
- Resistance 1 Ω to 2 kΩ (T6-600)
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 17.8 mm jaw opening
- HOLD button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Easy to read display with backlight
- Accepts optional Fluke TPAK Magnetic Meter Hanger for convenient operation
+ Requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications.
Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations.
Q: Is this the same as other “non-contact” voltage testers
A: No. Fluke FieldSense technology is a new, proprietary method of measuring the actual voltage value without making electrical contact. Unlike other non-contact voltage testers and detectors, Fluke’s new electrical testers use FieldSense technology to provide an actual voltage measurement. Users get measurements that are more reliable and more accurate than existing go/no-go testers.
Q: What are the primary advantages of FieldSense technology
A: Safety. Accessibility. Speed.
The new T6-600 and T6-1000 Electrical Testers allows electricians to test where it used to be impossible. Instead of pulling wire nuts, just slide the open jaw over a single conductor. This is much faster and safer than working to find a metallic contact point. Plus, voltage and current measurements can be made at the same time. The T6-1000 measures and displays both voltage and current simply by sliding the open jaw over the conductor.
Not having to probe live conductors also makes jobs safer. Since there is no need to make electrical contact, the chance of human contact with an energized wire is greatly reduced. This also reduces the chance of making contact with the wrong conductor, which can produce unexpected results.
Q: Is there a situation where users need to take extra steps for FieldSense technology to work?
A: Yes. If a user is fully insulated from earth ground – wearing insulated boots or standing on an insulated ladder, for example – a separate path to ground needs to be established. This is easily done by touching the attached black lead to a grounded conductor, such as conduit or a junction box.
- Fluke T6-600 Electrical Tester
- Attached Test Leads
- Removable 4mm Test Probes
- Quick Reference Guide
- Users Manual
- H-T6 – Rugged fabric holster which includes flap for lead storage and built-in belt loop