Martindale VI13800 Voltage Indicator
Before doing any electrical work it is essential to be absolutely certain the circuit is dead. The Martindale VI13800 is a GS38 compliant voltage indicator which rapidly and safely checks for AC and DC voltages from 50V to 600V. The bright, long life neon indicators give clear and immediate display of the voltage level range.
The tough, moulded case construction combined with heavy duty, double insulated leads which terminate in a lockable and retractable prod sheath and a substantial finger guard, make this a very reliable and safe instrument.
This model is an updated version of the VI13700 in order to fully comply with BS EN61243-3:2010. This new model has the fuse replaced by a high wattage resistor in the probe that will limit the current in the event of damage to the cable. This protection is superior to the protection offered by the fuse as the current that can flow under fault conditions is considerably less. The vast majority of competitor products have no protection built into the probe.
- Nominal voltage range: 50 – 600V DC/AC RMS
- Nominal voltage threshold indications:
- 50, 100, 200, 400 V DC/AC RMS
- Voltage threshold tolerance:
- Conforms to BS EN 61243-3:2010
- Polarity & voltage indication: ≥ 12V DC/AC RMS
- AC/DC voltage detection: automatic
- Range detection: automatic
- Response time: < 0.1s
- Frequency range: DC, 1 – 400Hz
- Test current: < 3.5mA at 600V DC/AC RMS
- Duty ratio: 30s ON (operated) / 240s OFF (recovery)
- Temperature & Humidity (Operating & Storage): -10?C to 55?C ≤ 85% R.H.
- Altitude: up to 2000m
- Power: From circuit under test
- Dimensions: 205(L) x 67(W) x 27(D) mm
- Weight: 130g approx.
- Includes instructions
- Conforms to BS EN 61243-3:2010 CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000V
- Class II, Double Insulation
- Pollution Degree 2
- IP rating: IP54
- Conforms to BS EN 61326-1
- Martindale VI13800
- Instruction manual.