Socket & See SP400 Proving Unit
Provides a safe and reliable means of checking the correct functioning of multimeters and two pole voltage indicators (VIs) before and after use as advised in the Working Practice for Electricians. Additionally the Socket & See SP400 has the capability of checking the operation of non-contact voltage detectors, such as the VVD PRO or IVOLT (available separately).
The SP400 is a battery powered proving unit.
The SP400 will also test two-pole VIs that use small incandescent lamps to indicate that voltage is present. SP400 has a unique and logical safety function – the test voltage generated is at 50Hz to synthesise a genuinte test at AC mains supply frequency – so it will always read correctly using the AC range of your tester or multimeter.
- Intelligent voltage ramp for testing multimeters and Voltage Indicators
- Generates from 50-690V with a true AC waveform output
- Non-contact voltage indicator test feature
- Powerful enough to light old filament style test lamps
- Automatic operation and turn-off
- Output voltage: 50 – 690V in five steps of 50V, 100V, 230V, 400V & 690V
- Power supply: 6x AA alkaline batteries
- Operating conditions: -10 to +35c at 95% RH, non-condensing
- Output frequency: 50Hz pseudo sine wave
- Maximum Output power: 10W
- Battery Life: 10 hours with average use when testing high and low powertesters
- Weight 346g
- Dimensions: 130mm (W) x 68mm (H) x 48mm (D)
- LVD: BSEN 61010-1 (2010)
- EMC: 61326-1 (2006)
- Socket & See SP400 Proving Unit
- 6 x AA batteries