Socket & See SOK36 Professional Socket Tester
The Socket & See SOK36 is a 4 in 1 socket tester, ideal for DIY and professional checks of 13A 3 pin UK sockets.*
Plug in and know more:
- Socket wiring check
- Earth loop impedance
- Incoming supply polarity check
- Function check of 30mA RCD
The socket wiring check and loop test are carried out automatically once the SOK36 is plugged in. Good wiring condition is shown by three green LED’s and a constant audible tone. If there is a fault, a warbling tone will be heard and the location of the fault shown by either an amber or red LED.
Following the wiring check, an earth loop impedance test will begin automatically. A Good, Check or Urgent Check indication will be given depending on the result.
Reverse polarity is a potentially very dangerous condition. Check correct polarity with the SOK36 by placing a finger over the polarity check circle. Correct polarity is indicated by three flashing green LED’s. Reverse polarity is indicated by 3 red LED’s
Carry out a functional test of 30mA RCD’s by pushing the RCD CHECK button.
*Any electrical work required MUST always be carried out by a competent person or trained professional.
Socket & See SOK36 video
- Bright LED’s out perform fragile old style neons
- Logical `Green for Go` LED Indication
- New Circuitry means no tripping RCD’s
- Continuous audible tone gives positive good wiring indication
- Strong warbling tone gives clear warning of faulty wiring
- Advanced electronics include a quad comparator to give clear indication even on noisy circuits
- The first socket tester to show where the actual fault is – Live, Earth or Neutral
- New patented `Fault Locate’ electronics gives clearest indication yet of 18 wiring fault conditions
- Built-in self check at start of testing gives confidence in correct operation at all times.
- The first socket tester to also test true earth loop impendence
- Easy colour LED read out system gives earth loop result as Good/Check or Urgent Check
- Full earth loop test
- Operational check of 30mA RCD’s
- Audible tone indication gives clear indication of good socket or problem socket
- Socket & See SOK 36