Fluke T6-1000 Electrical Tester with FieldSense Technology
The Fluke T6-1000 has been designed by Fluke to be the ideal ‘all in one’ electrical voltage tester for troubleshooting, maintenance and service. It features True RMS measurement and allows the user to take current and voltage measurement without test leads* using Fluke’s FieldSense Technology. Furthermore, voltage and current measurements appear on screen simultaneously.
What is Fluke FieldSense technology?
The T6-1000 measures a voltage signal in reference to earth via the hand of the user. This is done safely via a capacitive sensor, and means the there is no electrical contact to live voltage or galvanic connection.
The sensor area of the tester should be located close to the measured signal on a live conductor. In this case the hand and body of the user provides a connection to earth. The electrical field (voltage) and the magnetic field (current) is picked up..
The benefits of Fluke FieldSense technology
Without the need to make electrical contact to make measurements, The Fluke T6-1000, with FieldSense technology, makes it much easier to take measurements in crowded junction boxes or along conductors with hard to reach or even inaccessible endpoints. This saves time, minimizes the potential for errors and greatly reduces the possibility of arc flash.
Fluke T6-600 vs T6-1000
|FieldSense ac voltage||600 V||1000 V|
|FieldSense ac current||200.0 A||200.0 A|
|N/A||45 Hz – 66 Hz|
|Volts ac||600 V||1000 V|
|Volts dc||600 V||1000 V|
|Resistance||2000 Ω||2000 Ω
|Safety||600 V CAT III||1000 V CAT III
600 V CAT IV
Fluke T6-1000 key features
- Simultaneous voltage and current measurement displayed on screen
- Voltage detection range: 1 – 1000V AC
- Current detection range: 0 to 200A AC
- Accurate and reliable True RMS voltage and current measurement
- Resistance measurement 1Ω to 100kΩ
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 17.8 mm jaw opening
- HOLD button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Back lit display for good visibility in poor lighting
- Fluke T6-1000 electrical voltage tester
- Attached test lead set with removable 4mm probe caps
*Requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications. Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations (e.g. when wearing safety gloves or when the body has no reference to earth).